Helvellyn Summit Guided Walk
Welcome to the Helvellyn Summit Guided Walk.
This guided walk runs weekly throughout the season, so please have a look at our events and choose your date. If the dates do not suit contact us to make arrangements.
Included In This Service
- Summit and Beyond guides are very experienced, encouraging and relaxed
- Our guide will be with you all day to keep you safe and answer any questions
- You will receive a welcome pack once you booked your place, including a kit list and food advise etc
- We provide all safety gear
- If you choose, we can take photographs of your adventure so you can focus on enjoying the experience. These will be emailed to you after the adventure.
- We will offer you a discount voucher for any up coming adventures with Summit and Beyond.
About this service
Summit and Beyond offers mountain adventures with a different perspective. Our mission is to reconnect people with nature, inspire confidence, build resilience and teach the skills needed to remain safe in the mountains. Our guides believe that everyone should have the skills to head out into the mountains, so while you are on your guided walk please ask questions and take as much information with you as possible.
Helvellyn is the Lake Districts 3rd highest mountain and one of the most popular hills to climb. There are several routes leading to Helvellyn’s summit. The route we have planned is via Striding Edge, descending Swirral Edge to Red Tarn and then back into the valley.
This is an extremely exposed route and not for the faint hearted. If you would like to read more about the route check out our blog post here. Nevertheless, we can alter the route if you would like to take a more relaxed approach to reaching the Summit of Helvellyn.
Would you prefer a less extreme route to Helvellyn Summit?
If you are happy with the route we have suggested go ahead and book your place. If you would like to arrange an alternative route contact us and we will work with you to create a route that suits your needs.