Great Gable Summit Guided Walk
Welcome to the Great Gable Summit Guided Walk.
This guided walk runs weekly throughout the season, so please have a look at our events and choose your date. If the dates do not suit contact us to make arrangements.
Included In This Service
- Summit and Beyond guides are very experienced, encouraging and relaxed
- Our guide will be with you all day to keep you safe and answer any questions
- You will receive a welcome pack once you booked your place, including a kit list and food advise etc
- We provide all safety gear
- If you choose, we can take photographs of your adventure so you can focus on enjoying the experience. These will be emailed to you after the adventure.
- We will offer you a discount voucher for any up coming adventures with Summit and Beyond.
About this service
Summit and Beyond offers mountain adventures with a different perspective. Our mission is to reconnect people with nature, inspire confidence, build resilience and teach the skills needed to remain safe in the mountains. Our guides believe that everyone should have the skills to head out into the mountains, so while you are on your guided walk please ask questions and take as much information with you as possible.
This guided walk Starts at Seathwaite Farm Campsite. The route is a nice steady mountain trail all the way to Sty Head Tarn. Sty Head tarn is a beautiful lake high up in the fells and makes for a good photograph.
Shortly after reaching the south edge of Sty Head we begin making our way up the steep south east face of Great Gable.
When we reach the summit a view opens up of Wast Water to the south and on very clear days the west coast. Some times it is possible to make out the silhouette of the Isle of Man. We will go and see the memorial at the summit.
Our route back takes us into Windy Gap and then up and over green gable we will descend down into the valley with Base Brown rising up to the right (east) and Brandreth over to the left (west). This valley is beautiful and feels very remote, although it is not far to Sour Milk Gill and the descent back to Seathwaite Farm. Sour Milk Gill is steep but it has lots of picturesque surprises as we descend.
for more information on the route please see our blog post here
Would you prefer a different route to Great Gable Summit?
If you are happy with the route we have suggested go ahead and book your place. Would you would like to arrange an alternative route? contact us and we will work with you to create a route that suits your needs.