Bow Fell Summit Guided Walk
Welcome to the Bow Fell Summit Guided Walk.
This guided walk runs weekly throughout the season, so please have a look at our events and choose your date. If the dates do not suit contact us to make arrangements.
Included In This Service
- Summit and Beyond guides are very experienced, encouraging and relaxed
- Our guide will be with you all day to keep you safe and answer any questions
- You will receive a welcome pack once you booked your place, including a kit list and food advise etc
- We provide all safety gear
- If you choose, we can take photographs of your adventure so you can focus on enjoying the experience. These will be emailed to you after the adventure.
- We will offer you a discount voucher for any up coming adventures with Summit and Beyond.
About this service
Summit and Beyond offers mountain adventures with a different perspective. Our mission is to reconnect people with nature, inspire confidence, build resilience and teach the skills needed to remain safe in the mountains. Our guides believe that everyone should have the skills to head out into the mountains, so while you are on your guided walk please ask questions and take as much information with you as possible.
The whole route from Langdale valley to Bowfell Summit and back is about 10km (6 miles). The walk eases in with a flat farm track but soon starts to ascend towards The Band. As height is gained the views begin to open up and there is a distinct feeling of separation from civilization. I believe this feeling comes from the fact that Langdale is still visible however seems so far removed from the high slopes leading to Bow Fell.
Bow Fell summit feels wild unlike many of the other summits with memorials at the top or clear signs of a well defined path, you find your self in a rocky environment looking out over miles of mountainous.
The route back into Langdale valley follows Buscoe Sike into Hell Gill. This is where your imagination will be captured by the beautiful flow of water through the valley and the abundance of life it provides. Eventually we will pick up Oxendale Beck and then the path we started on back down the farm track and into Great Langdale.
Would you prefer a different route to Bow Fell Summit?
If you are happy with the route we have suggested go ahead and book your place. Would you would like to arrange an alternative route? contact us and we will work with you to create a route that suits your needs.